[Amps] Relay TIming Measurements

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Relay TIming Measurements
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:11:00 -0700

> It takes a dual trace scope to check relay timing.

> 73

> Jim W7RY

There aren't that many single channel scopes around these days, but one can
check the relay timing with one by using the external trigger to start the
sweep and the single channel to desplay the contact closure.

Also, as I understand it (and I could be wrong), a dual trace scope is
different from a dual channel scope, the former being quite unusual. With a
dual channel scope, one would normally measure relay timing by using the
"chop" mode rather than the "alternate" mode. There are other ways to skin
this particular cat. The point is that measuring contact timing is very easy
with modern scopes.

73,

Jim W8ZR