Re: [Amps] Has anyone ever actually build an 833A linear?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Has anyone ever actually build an 833A linear?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:23:39 -0600
Well, two grid-driven 833Cs in parallel may or may not be as linear as the
best expensive ceramic triodes in G-G. But if it's linear enough not to
make my signal much wider, it's good enough for me. If it generates bad key
clicks and spurs, then I'll build another one with the GS-35B I have, and
say we learned something.

I plan on swamping the grids, and probably using a broadband step-up
transformer to get the grid voltage needed with 100w drive. With a string
of 18v 10w zeners for grid (not cathode) bias. I already have all those
components; why not breadboard something and try?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com