Re: [Amps] 500 uh plate choke

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 500 uh plate choke
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 04:43:38 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 03:32:34 -0800, VE7RF wrote:

> My theory is all you are really doing is parallel resonating the plate choke,
> since it?s
>directly in parallel with the tune cap.

REPLY:
That's correct, but remember... A parallel resonant circuit has
circulating current inside it. As you drop the inductance of the choke
the circulating current increases and if you drop it too far you run
the risk of burning up the choke, especially when it's wound with
small diameter wire. Everything is a compromise. No free lunch.

Just something to keep in mind.

Bill, W6WRT