Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:00:26 -0500
On 2013-02-23, at 5:19 PM, Bill Turner wrote:

> [...]

Hi Bill,

I am obviously missing something here: why would you want to maximize plate
DISSIPATION, anyway...?!

I grew up always believing that the first goal in ANY amplifier was the
maximizing of plate EFFICIENCY, a.k.a. OUTPUT.

Since when did the contest exchanges & participants on the Ham bands suddenly
take an interest in the plate dissipation of your amplifier tubes...? The
various exchanges wanna know your "power", & NOT your "plate dissipation"...
:o)

Besides, the cost of 12 brand new 813s would STILL be but a fraction of the
price of a new 8877...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ