Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:12:45 -0500
I like the 4-250A tubes, they can provide the same output in CW and SSB service and plates glow much brighter. That along with some mercury rectifiers provide nice light shows when operating.

73
Bill wa4lav

Sure the tube has high interelectrode capacitance, & has been around since before WW2: but so what? It's nothing that a bit of 21st century technology can't master...and who cares about age? After all, I myself am 60 years old here, & hardly consider my existence to be "redundant"! Hi Hi

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ