Re: [Amps] Unique Henry Classic VHF console amps on QTH

To: "Richard Solomon" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Unique Henry Classic VHF console amps on QTH
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:46:49 -0700
From the NE7X and Radio Dan site:
3006B

1990-1992

3CX1200Z7

50-54 MHz

Console-HD supply
3002A

1983 to 2005

8877/3CX1500A7

144-148 MHz

Console-HD supply

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Solomon
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:32 PM
To: amps@contesting.com

With a MUF of 110 MHZ, I doubt it would work very well at 144 MHz.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com> wrote:
Gents:
Just wanted to mention the 3002B 2 meter and 3006B 6 meter Classic consoles advertised on the QTH site. Bill the owner who appears to be a very nice fellow had initally advertised them as using the 3CX1200A7 tube. I contacted him, and questioned that as I felt that the 1200A7 would work at 50 mhz, but not at 144 mhz.

He in turn sent me a photo of the 50 mhz deck which revealed that a 3CX1200Z7 is installed! He seems to think that the 144 mhz console is the same. Any thoughts about the Z7 working at 2m?

At any rate, I have never seen these rare specimens that are indeed listed on Radiodan's Henry amp Legacy page.

I would think he will get a pretty penny for both of them.

                          Don  N8ECH