Re: [Amps] SB-200 Repair?

To: "'Bob Arenella'" <rja12@comcast.net>, "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 Repair?
From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall@uchealth.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:14:35 +0000
1.  You stole that SB-200.  Even non-working with good cosmetics $40.00 is a
bargain.

2.  I had a similar condition with an old BlackCat 80-10 amp with two 3-500Z's
I picked up at a hamfest for $100.00.  It was one of the power supply filter
caps arcing internally.

I own a SB-200 and replaced the power supply board with a Harbach replacement
(new caps, diodes and meter resistor string) and made other Harbach mods.  I
have been very happy with the results.  Well worth the $$

Randy AB9GO