Re: [Amps] More instability problems

To: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More instability problems
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:13:31 -0400
The regulator supplies power for switching transistors Q1, Q2 and the opto-isolator U2 (which handles bias switching). The relay coils are powered directly from the ~35V supply (before the regulator) with appropriate dropping resistors so that the coils are at 26V when energized. R14 sets coil voltage for the RF relays.

I have checked relay timing vs. exciter RF output. I see no sign of problems there. The relays pull in very quickly, well before any RF output from the exciter, and remain energized. Going back to receive, RF drive stops well before the relays switch.

73

Paul