Re: [Amps] Instability update, Apr 16

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Instability update, Apr 16
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:12:53 -0400
Tube ceramic looks OK, no sign of arcs. Some discoloration/dirt typical of a tube that has been in service more than 10 years but nothing that looks like it would cause trouble. Tube tabs have no visible tarnish.

It's a bit harder to say about the socket contacts. There is some but not much tarnish on the visible surfaces - a few small spots here and there. The surfaces that contact the tube tabs aren't readily inspected without disassembly. This one has the "solid" contacts, not the type with many little rounded fingers. I hate to disassemble one of these without probable cause but if nothing else seems to help maybe I need to go there.

Paul