Re: [Amps] 572b

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572b
From: L L bahr <pulsarxp@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 18:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
If quality control is so poor, how do you test for longevity or robustness?
Just checking the emission when new may have nothing to do with longevity.  I'd
like to know how well a Chinese 572B will hold up compared to a Cetron 572B.  I
wonder what short cuts the manufacturer has taken in production when many new
ones go out the door with poor emission. What else is wrong with them?   Maybe
it's time for these amplifiers to be retrofitted with other type tubes.

Lee, w0vt