Re: [Amps] Command Technologies VHF 1200

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Command Technologies VHF 1200
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 12:32:08 -0500 (CDT)
assuming that is similar to their other amps, check the control board for
probably a 1a fuse and make sure it is still ok... that is the cathode return
fuse that blows in case of a tube arc or power supply fault.  if it is blown
replace it and then carefully try turning it on and tuning up.  those fuses can
blow if it isn't tuned properly making the plate current high for too long.  if
it still trips then characterize the 'trip'... is it the main fuse, the control
board fuse, or grid protection that is 'tripping'.