Re: [Amps] 3CX1000A7

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1000A7
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 20:30:22 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:38 PM

On 5/19/2013 6:26 PM, k7fm wrote:
What is the value of a 3CX1000A7 and is there much demand?

It's a great tube

There's a NOS on e-bay for $600.
It's buy it now and I don't see a time limit. Don't know if they'll get it or not. Too bad it's from Powergridtube. They may be OK, but I don't like the way they do business

73,\\

Roger  (K8RI)

73,  Colin  K7FM

It is not a popular tube as it saw limited use and the socket is stupid expensive and similar to the 4CX1000A minus a screen contact. Alpha used it in the 70A and that is the only ham use Im aware of.

OTOH, it is what the 8877 should have been internally....a 1500W Pd, instant on, and a bullet proof grid.

The pull from a TV translator that was taken out of service and the socket ($100 for both) has been in my HB 2M amp for over 27 years now and still loafs at 1500W. Backup spares were even cheaper (-;

Carl
KM1H