Re: [Amps] Advice needed for SS amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice needed for SS amp
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:21:22 -0400
  On 06/07/2013 11:49 AM, Manfred Mornhinweg wrote:

What I miss, in terms of availability, are capacitors suitable for
building good, safe, legal limit low pass filters, that don't blow up
even at somewhat elevated SWR. What we need for that are capacitors in
the range of about 68pF to 4.7nF, each rated at one kilovolt AT LEAST,
and 6 to 12 amperes of RF current. And since we need about 18 to 45 of
them, depending on what sort of filter bank we want to build for an amp,
they shouldn't cost an arm and a leg each. That problem seems so hard to
solve, that so far I have resorted to home made copper/mica capacitors.
But making these capacitors to the correct values is always
hit-and-miss, because the mica sheets are of varying thickness.

Does anyone have a good hint about this?

I do not know what the breakdown Voltage or dielectric constant are, but the "cover sips" are uniform very thin square (~3/4") glass plates used to cover the specimens under a microscope, the much thicker "slide" (~3/4" x 2") might be an alternative.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.