[Amps] Alpha 77SX plate current trip level

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 77SX plate current trip level
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:49:08 -0400
I notice that the factory instructions for adding the 2nd 8877 dont address the
trip current point. Im getting a trip at just about 2A which is within spec for
a pair. This happens at 130W drive and still below max grid current wheras
Alpha claims up to 170W is OK. Previous SX work has been at the 100W drive
level and Ive never had one trip

Before I start messing around with the R-206 10K shunt (selected in production
but 10K here and on the schematic) across the K-201 relay coil I wonder if
others have experienced this? This amp appears to be a factory conversion or
otherwise left the factory without the FCC sticker as the work appears all
original.

Carl
KM1H