Re: [Amps] Other HV rectifier diodes

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Other HV rectifier diodes
From: "L L bahr " <pulsarxp@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:31:43 -0400 (EDT)
If you have a 1000 volt power supply, what should the diode stack voltage
rating be?  I have heard it is good practice to make it 4 times the voltage of
the operating voltage.  In other words, make the diode stack good for 4000
volts for a 1000 volt supply.  Is this correct?  Also, would there be a
difference when a choke input is used VS capacitive input?

Lee, w0vt