Re: [Amps] Measuring IMD

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Measuring IMD
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 14:15:13 -0500
Dont pull the ARRL, and used by some manufacturers, crap of cherry picking the audio frequencies to get the best results for reviews. Running a wide band noise spectrum that covers the radios filter specs is possible with digital gear and has become the current standard since it fully exercises the transmitter. I doubt the K3 would pass scrutiny with that method.

The Flex 5000 has a very nice analyzer.

Carl
KM1H

.