[Amps] FAN SPEED

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] FAN SPEED
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 23:57:12 -0600
I have 2 LK-500 amps, Amp Supply paralleled 2- 10 or 20 watt resistors for
slow speed, shorting them when on high speed.

I added 2 thermostats and an additional resistor. Works like this. Normal low speed as original. At 125F. I use a thermostat to add additional resistor to bundle, slightly speeding the fan. At 160 F. An additional thermostat shorts the whole thing, fan goes
full blast.

Even in RTTY contest I rarely hear the high speed kick in, and that for relatively short period of time. The fan blows air across the tubes, exiting on the right side of the cabinet. Stats are mounted about 3 inches off chassis and in the exhaust path just
as the air exits the amp.

Been working for about 7 years now, no problems, and I don't worry about forgetting
to flip the switch ...

73

ed K0KL