Re: [Amps] Chinese 15KV 2A rectifier modules?

To: audioguy@q.com, "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chinese 15KV 2A rectifier modules?
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 09:21:50 +0100
Give a thought to the peak current if you are using a capacitor input filter -
I don't think ovens have much reservoir capacity.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Nov 07 2013, 12:37 AM
 From: "Jim Barber" <audioguy@q.com>
 To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
 Subject: [Amps] Chinese 15KV 2A rectifier modules?

 Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) using the Chinese 15KV, 2A
 rectifier modules that were selling on eBay a while back? The part
 number printed on the side is PRHVP2A-20 .

 I bought a handful a year or so ago when I was building my hi-pot
 tester. They seem to handle high voltages without issue, (my hi-pot
 works fine past 10KV) but seem awfully small for the 2A current rating.

 The reason I ask is because I've been contemplating building yet another
 6A10 rectifier board for a single 8877 I'm working on. The modules would
 be easier/smaller, but since the encapsulated part is only (roughly)
 1.5" x .5", I'm thinking the ratings may be too good to be true.

 Thanks,
 Jim N7CXI