Re: [Amps] AL-82 opinions

To: 'Carl' <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, dave@nk7z.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-82 opinions
From: Réjean Léveillé <releveille@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 09:27:00 -0500
Yes if you reached 100% modulation then your PEP = 4x your carrier, the same
for your radio on AM you should limit to 25w if you got a 100w radio.
Without measuring tool you can increase your mic gain until you will see ALC
deflection then to back up for no movement. You should be very close.
With a good peak power meter it will match these numbers and to stay just
under for a good linearity.

Rejean
VA2AM