Re: [Amps] "N, " "TNC" and "BNC" connectors are rated at 500 Watts and

To: "N1BUG" <paul@n1bug.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "N, " "TNC" and "BNC" connectors are rated at 500 Watts and work at 1, 000 Watts as log as the load is good..
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:40:04 -0500
My 2M amp runs a solid 1500W with N connectors at the amp, transfer relay, Bird line section, and up at the rotor loop, power divider and antennas. Never blew one.

Of course all are US made mil spec from hamfests, etc and no import crap.

The 432 military cavity ran 1000W AM carrier, 4000W PEP, thru N's. I guess its all in the details such as who made them. I cant run that amp at 1500W here without upgrading the feed and antennas.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "N1BUG" <paul@n1bug.com>