Re: [Amps] Remote monitoring of SSPA

To: conrad@g0ruz.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Remote monitoring of SSPA
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:00:15 -0600

http://www.broadcastboxes.com/products/SiteSentry4_lit.html

or look at the larger Scion 8

http://www.broadcastboxes.com/products/sicon8_lit.html

Don W4DNR

Quoting Conrad Farlow <conrad@g0ruz.com>:

I have been asked to look into the possibility of remote monitoring an SSPA at a distance of a little over 50m. My feelings are that ethernet is the way to go. I will need to monitor supply voltage and current, forward and reflected power, drive power and a few fault conditions. Are there any ready made configurable solutions all ready out there?

I do not expect there to be problems with RF fields as it is a 1kW on 23cms and there should not be much spill over from the dish. Of course it must be quiet so as to not disturb the weak signal RX.

Any advice appreciated.

Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR

North Wakefield Radio Club