Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?
From: Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:05:14 +0000
Hi
Bill,
Thanks for the info. I understand that very low values of swamping resistor
will probably result in a stable design.However, it looks like the capacitive
feedback in a 4CX5000 is so low that just about any value would do, even higher
than 50, higher by lots.Still commercial designs (from which these tubes and
components were pulled, Marconi from 1967) use neutralization.
So how do I calculate the stability criteria for this tube?
Thanks!
Markku