Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?

To: "g8on@fsmail.net" <g8on@fsmail.net>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?
From: Markku Oksanen <ww1c@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:45:06 +0000
Hi Peter
Looks like I should find a circuit to compensate for the high input C .I did
build a GU84b amp and that uses a pi-circuit where the grid cap is on one
side.Kind of sorts things out for 10, makes input SWR a bit worse on 15 but
still acceptable, below 2.This gets a bit tricky with 120 pf.
If I understand this correctly, compensating the input cap "away" brings the
stability criteria back to just swamping resistor "regulated" and thus perhaps
the resistor value should be then that 150 or so, not more than that.
Yes, these things take a lot of power from every corner.  Fun to build though.
And as long as the kilowatts remain on EXCEL, this is safe too.
Markku