Re: [Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT

To: magoo@isp.ca, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:16:06 -0500 (EST)
The voltage rating is not the problem; after all there is less than 300v
rms across a 50 ohm load with 1500 watts power.

The killer is current because losses are related to current squared. Losses
 manifest as heat and the smallish capacitor can only tolerate so much of
that  before flaming out.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/4/2013 7:12:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,