Re: [Amps] Runaway Plate Current

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, garyschafer@comcast.net, 'Roger' <ai7rogerroger@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Runaway Plate Current
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 17:14:57 +0100
The NCL 2000 used a pair of 8122s, I believe. The RCA data sheet says a maximum
screen supply impedance of 10kohm for them and does not say that you can get
negative screen grid current. The 4X150 can get negative screen grid current,
so it does need a relatively low impedance even with the volts off the screen.

Strangely, the RCA data sheet for both the 4X150 and the 4CX250 make no mention
of negative screen current.

Now things like the 4-125, 4-250, 4-400 etc don't have those problems....

Happy New Year

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Dec 29 2013, 03:59 PM