Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: William Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:07:04 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

n 1/20/2014 6:17 AM, Fuqua, Bill L wrote:
and later discovered how much you could get from an old TV chassis. T

REPLY:

Same here. At age 15 and living in teenage poverty, my very first transmitter, using a 2E26 (remember them?) was actually build on a discarded TV chassis. Why not? The sockets were already there and so were the tubes and other parts. It was ugly as sin but it worked and made my very first QSO with it to a ham about two miles away in his car. The moment was electric (pun intended). I remember it like it was yesterday.

73, Bill W6WRT