Re: [Amps] Weird tubes in an amplifier

To: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, William Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Weird tubes in an amplifier
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:22:02 +0000
  I also ran 4 6AG7s in grounded grid. Slowly conditioned them by raising  the
plate voltage to
1kV. My 200 Watt lamp dummy load got quite hot. I tried one first and then got
a large block of
aluminum that I drilled four 1 inch holes into.  Then using a carbide saw blade
that my father had
on his table saw, I slotted the block to make fins. I mounted it on a chassis
with a color TV power
transformer and voltage doubler. My filter capacitors were some AC run
capacitors I got from
a scrap pile at a heating and air conditioner shop. I only had a few Watts
drive from my
CE10A. I had bandswitched it since it only came with a 80 meter coil set. So my
output was
not coupling was not ideal.
  It worked well from 80 to 20 meters but could not get much output on 15.
I still have the heatsink but can't find the rest of it.
73
Bill wa4lav