Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7 versus 3CPX1500A7

To: Larry - WS3Z <ws3z@lhtot.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7 versus 3CPX1500A7
From: Robert Morris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 22:17:02 -0500
I have step/start and a variac on the filaments. I measured at the pins, with
tubes on, then set the panel meter/ homebrew scale to read
5.0. Meter is on the fil secondary, before the fil choke. It's a reference
number, set with a Fluke on the pins.

This is a "homebrew Henry" in a 4' rack with lots of panel space for extra
knobs and meters.

Power, around here goes off, blips on and off a few times and either stays off
or comes back at the voltage of the day... +/- 20.

So I have a small relay wired "around itself" controlling the main relay. If
street power goes away, the relay drops and does not come back
until I push the reset button. Don't need 50 uf of caps recharging on blips.

Do the math.... 124*/115 x 5 = 5.39
* or volts of the day...

Look up the Eimac/Broadcast - Bil Orr notes on running filaments a tad low.