Re: [Amps] Fan Noise in GS-35b Amplifiers

To: "N1BUG" <paul@n1bug.com>, "Jack C. Shutt" <w9gt@frontier.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fan Noise in GS-35b Amplifiers
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:44:57 -0500
Dont overlook a good muffin fan either. The EBM Papst 4600N was used in later production LK-800's using the 3 3CPX800A7's at about 3100V. That is a lot of fin area and back pressure.

They are also fine to run at reduced voltage in receive or low duty cycle.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "N1BUG" <paul@n1bug.com>