Re: [Amps] Rigol DMM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Rigol DMM
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 12:09:10 -0400
Jim,

In case you haven't yet checked the EEVBlog forum, there are several discussions on the DM3058E including display topics.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/

Although a new Keithley 2100 is now on the bench, I've kept an old Fluke 8842A since it's not auto-ranging. Auto-ranging slows me down. I would check the auto-ranging lag time on any new DMM. Replacement Fluke VFDs can sometimes be found for about $90 on the big auction site.

Most of the newer DMMs use the same common lead type (including retractable plugs) although I've seen a large variance in the shorting resistance between them. Probably no surprise, but my Fluke and Keithley leads show lowest resistance. Asian imports show the highest resistance.

Paul, W9AC

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Garland