Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection

To: "'Richard Solomon'" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:17:56 -0600
Hi Dick,
You don't need a 1.5KV rating. Let's say you want to drop the line voltage
by 12V and suppose  the maximum current drawn from the AC line by the
amplifier is 15 Amps. You'd thus  need only a 12Vrms/15A transformer (180W).
Because of the limited duty cycle of the Quadra, probably a 10-12A
tranformer would work fine.
73,
Jim W8ZR.

Solomon