Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection

To: "Richard Solomon" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 13:35:14 -0400
Move the decimal to the left.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Solomon" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:05 PM
Subject: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection

I have a lead on a late production Quadra so I guess I better
invest in a B-B Xfmr to get my sometimes 250 volt line down
to something acceptable to my new little friend.

Question is on the rating for the Xfmr ... I expect I should get
something rated for the load, say 1.5 KVA (considering the
rating is for CCS use not ICAS).

Now I find lots of them over on the evil empire, but looking at
the specs on the label is confusing:

One I found says:

Max Volts 264   Max Amps 62.5  1.5KVA

The current rating does not make sense. How can I sort this out ??

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ