Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:08:12 +0000
I don't know why anyone would want to reduce the line voltage for use with the
VP-1000.

It's a switchmode power supply with "universal input," and will become more
efficient at higher line voltages.  The VP-1000 manual states on page 2
"capable of operation from 100 to 240V at 50 or 60 Hz," which is very typical
of switchmode power supplies such as those in our computers.  The IEC standard
tests such equipment at +/- 5% of whatever the specified rating is, which would
be 95V to 252Vrms.

I wouldn't do anything except plug it in and use it.

WB2WIK