[Amps] AL1200 on AM - max carrier?

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL1200 on AM - max carrier?
From: Tony Brock-Fisher via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 07:13:09 -0400
I want to run my AL-1200 on AM for a short stint (2 hours operating time, 50% overall duty cycle). I have tested it at about 225 watts carrier output, and with moderately high duty cycle transmissions (known in the AM crowd as 'Old Buzzarding'), it gets quite hot.

What is the max recommended AM carrier power for long-winded transmissions?

Also, I'm assuming it should be tuned up for proper operation at double the carrier power.

 I searched the list finding no real answers.

Thanks,

Tony, K1KP