Re: [Amps] AL80-B fuse F101 blown;step-startnot working?

To: "John DiLorenzo" <john.dilorenzo33@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL80-B fuse F101 blown;step-startnot working?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 15:49:56 -0500
The first thing Id check is to see if the relay contacts are welded, Ameritron uses the wrong contact alloy for high current use. Also check that the step start circuit is wired per the manual as Ameritron amps had a history of miswiring that could take out the transformer going back to the AL-80A and larger amps. Dont expect to find Ameritron issuing a bulletin or admitting a problem.

If the relay is good then disconnect the HV AC from the rectifier circuit. If the fuse blows again then the transformer is likely cooked or there is a problem on the optional jumper terminal strip.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "John DiLorenzo" <john.dilorenzo33@gmail.com>