Re: [Amps] THE SKINNY ON MY AL-82

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] THE SKINNY ON MY AL-82
From: Don Allen <w9cw@w9cw.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:25:04 -0600
Several HF transceivers have had overshoot problems, including other ICOMs. Yes, the IC-7410 is repaired by ICOM for no charge. However, this is the same policy with the TS-590S. Kenwood's ALC Update Program is absolutely free-of-charge, including return shipping. Later production runs of the TS-590S, as well as the new TS-590SG units do not have any ALC overshoot problems. My TS-990S does not have any ALC overshoot, as well as my TS-590S which was updated by Kenwood East at no charge in June.

73
Don W9CW