Re: [Amps] k9yc pdf

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] k9yc pdf
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:46:01 -0800
On Tue,1/13/2015 2:41 PM, Carl wrote:
Ive known Dean, N6BV, since he was a fresh minted EE out of Yale and was hired by National Radio back around 1967 or so; He then had XYL problems and moved to CA

I saw both Dean and Ward Sunday at a memorial celebration for Carl Cook, AI6V.

Yes, the fundamentals are well known by those who have taken the trouble to study them. I showed this work to Dean a year or so ago and asked if anything like it had been published before. He responded, "not in this form." It's surprising how few people understand how horizontal and vertical antennas interact with height and with ground conditions. That's why I developed these graphs.

73, Jim K9YC