Re: [Amps] 833A GG

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 833A GG
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 18:19:53 -0500
You can always use a piece of regular solid dielectric coax or even hardline off the anode and then followed by a LV variable. I used a piece of RG-17 and a small mil surplus cap with about 1500-2000V spacing ages ago off a pair of 6500V swamped grid 4-1000A's. Worked just fine at 10M. Supposedly that amp is still in service out in Ohio.

Cold neutralize with a mica trimmer or small variable cap, measure, and then compute what you need to build with sufficient tuning wiggle room.
Always neutralize on the highest band you are using.

Carl
KM1H