Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 146, Issue 13

Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 146, Issue 13
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 12:19:24 +0800

On 8/02/2015 5:54 AM, Randy wrote:
On 2/7/2015 12:00 PM, amps-request@contesting.com wrote:

Message: 3

When I was a kid, a local department store had some kind of ultrasonic alarm system that drove me nuts. I used to also be able to hear the 15 kHz sound from TV sweep oscillators. One of the advantages of growing up is not hearing these any more ! 73, Steve, N2IC

For whatever reason, people that has asthma as children have enhanced ability to hear "ultrasonic" sounds. I didn't have it, but even at 55 years of age, I can still hear CRT sweep oscillators.

Yeah. I remember that sound.

Sounds a lot like the wife does, these days.

Alek
VK6APK

--
From sunny Binningup, Western Australia.