[Amps] low output with QRO amp - SUCCESS-

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] low output with QRO amp - SUCCESS-
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:34:08 +0000
Hello all,

Put two spares in the amp chassis, defeated the HV and let it 'cook' for 48 hours. Hooked the HV up and let it cook a while longer while I shoveled the new batch of snow.

Tuned it up by the book and was getting 1300 watts out with about 30 watts drive.
All voltages and currents look fine.

So, it appears the low output was due to the dud tube with the open filament.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I think I will take my Dremel tool, with the rotary diamond disk, to the dud just to see what it looks like inside.

73 de Steve, NR4M