[Amps] Cathode Cooling - oil bath GS-35b

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Cathode Cooling - oil bath GS-35b
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 08:46:09 +1300
Many good comments from all regarding cooling, and I think we've nailed it down pretty damn good! I will publish what I build, as it its pretty much a community effort.

I am concerned about the cathode area.

Just how much cooling does the cathode require? While I am tempted to throw a muffin fan at the problem, why not oil-bath the entire tube? The socket design will be complicated, mechanically. The output circuit will be connected to the input circuit via the coolant. I will need fans in this area regardless - cooling the control board etc.

Steve