[Amps] Meter replacement

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Meter replacement
From: Kathy Bookmiller via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:13:23 -0700
Hello,
I'm fixing up an old Hunter Bandit 2000C. It has one problem left to solve and
that is to replace a smashed panel meter. The one that measured plate voltage
and current.
The original meter was made by Ammon instruments of Manchester NH. It has am-2
on the face plate, which I assume was the model number.
I found two Ammon meters on Ebay that are the same size and style physically
and one of them even has the same am-2 on the face plate (the other one's
picture doesn't show this)
I guess my question is, how does one know is this meter will be the same
movement. At one time I knew this stuff, but years have dimmed my memory of
meter shunts, etc. Out of curiosity, I put my VOM across the terminals of the
broken meter and it measures 90 ohms.
What I hope to do is replace the face plate with my old one and have one that
matches the style of the other meter that is used for a watt meter.
The old one's scales are for 0-3000 volts and up to an amp. current.
Anyone still remember their analog meter theory and practice?
Thank you,
Kathy, W2NK