Re: [Amps] IMD and spurious measurements

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] IMD and spurious measurements
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 14:47:32 +1200

On 09/08/15 06:00,

Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>

wrote:
> Comments, anyone? Do we have a case here for class A final stages, which
> should
> be a lot less prone to

No.  Sorry to cut you off mid-sentence, but reality check - you don't care!

Get on the air.  Bash some DX.    Turn the wick up and HAVE FUN!  That's
what ballsy amps are for.  Stop worrying about what people think, or
what might go wrong.

Tell the small-signal complainers to piss off, or just trample them
under your multi-kilowatt signal, and have a great tech-conversation
with someone else with a whopping signal as well. I'm always getting
abuse for having a huge signal, mostly from those who don't have a huge
signal.  Legal limit into my 40m skeleton slot is 10K EIRP, and it sure
sounds like it!  Sucks to be them with their 100W PEP into a half-size
g5rv.  Pooh!

Stop over-engineering and get on the air and have a blast!  :)

Steve