Re: [Amps] Finale: Time to ask for help.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Finale: Time to ask for help.
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:35:19 +1200
Roger <ai7rogerroger@gmail.com> wrote:
> [....] 6m amp and power supply from the
> ground up based on quad 4x150a tubes in parallel. My problem was definitely
> instability

I got a mate who built a 80-10m HF amp out of six sweep tubes.  That amp
was a labour of love - because he wanted to do what he wanted, and ya
know sometimes thats what counts the most!

He ran into too much stray inductance and capacitance at about the 15m
band.  Suffice to say it went like a haunted shithouse on 80 and 40, but
no good upwards.

What is it that we want?  That is the question isn't it.......  A hard
question sometimes.  Build something that is part of our history and
culture, or build something that is new and foreign....

Sometimes we want an amp that will not be a complete sack of shit, and
if that is the case, then I suggest you should look at a single tube of
Russian origin, with plate dissipation to match your requirements.
Hehehe, requirements.. madman chuckle there...

There are sooooo many GI-7b and GS-35b designs on the net, and so so
sooo simple...  And do do google that GU-84b tube as well - Ach mein
gott!! What an amazing tube!

Steve