Re: [Amps] Tl 922 mods

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tl 922 mods
From: Don Kessler <ki6sz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:03:00 -0400

Please consider this as well:
http://kesslerengineeringllc.com/tl922.html

73,
Don

On 10/28/2015 06:16 PM, Alek Petkovic wrote:
Also see:

http://somis.org/
There's a wealth of good stuff on the TL-922 there.

 http://www.pa0fri.com/
Click on Mods and then Kenwood TL-911 modifications. It actually describes the TL-922.

73, Alek
VK6APK
*
*
On 29/10/2015 5:30 AM, Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP/K2VCO wrote:
W8ZR designed a sequencer board sold by Harbach which will protect your relays, amplifier and transceiver. See <http://w8zr.net/QSK/index.htm>. This is the best way. Whatever you do, you should read his QST article that is linked there.

If you know that your transceivers provide enough time after asserting key out and before producing RF, as well as a reasonable delay after RF stops and before key out goes back to the receive state, then you can just use a pair of vacuum relays or a vacuum relay and a reed relay to replace the open frame relay in the TL922. Exactly how you do this will depend on the coil voltage requirements of the relays that you use.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP/K2VCO
Rehovot, Israel
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/