Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:19:50 -0600
I don’t always agree with Charly, but with this on I agree completely.  I don’t
hear 3rd order IMD, admit I don’t even know what it sounds like, I’m sure I’ve
heard it but I can’t point my finger and say see that is 3rd order IMD, but I
do know what over driven amps sound like and I hear a lot of them on the bands.
 They are much more of a problem in my honest opinion. BTW, I am in a skilled
nursing facility as I write this, not for myself but here for my dear Shirley,
a stroke patient and I see a lot of what Charly is referring to. Gives me a
whole different attitude about hobby stuff.

Dale, K9VUJ

 "I do not worry about my
transmitted signal.   Whenever a ham has the urge to write or even
worry about IMD, he should instead go visit a shut-in or a nursing home and
cheer people up.  73, Charly"