Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 question

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 question
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:51:55 -0700
I have an Alpha 76 that I converted to 6 m years ago, which exhibited
the same symptoms. The problem was internal arcing in one of the
elderly electrolytic capacitors in the power supply. I ended up
swapping all the capacitors and the problem has never recovered. Even
if the sparking turns out to be coming from something else, it's
probably a good idea to change the capacitors anyway. While you're at
it, clean out all the accumulated dust on the tune capacitor plates.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone