Re: [Amps] SB 220 Exploding Resistor

To: "Tom Hellem" <tom.hellem@gmail.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB 220 Exploding Resistor
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:35:25 -0800
You either had (momentary arc) or have a shorted tube.

Be careful with the way the bias on the relay is wired. If the cathode shorts to ground, you can burn up the filament transformer by shorting out the 120 VDC bias circuit.

Replacing the small VHF choke with a 10 ohm 10 watt wire wound resistor is common practice.

Bottom line.. You probably have a shorted tube.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Hellem