Re: [Amps] AL-82 VS Acom 1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-82 VS Acom 1000
From: "B Rohde" <brohde@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:55:23 -0400
Hi Morgan,

I'm Bill, K3XA in Virginia, and have owned the Acom 1000 and now the Acom 1500.
 Each amp has been outstanding and I have had no problems with either one.  I
am also a CW operator, but not usually QSK.  The relay switches quickly and is
very quiet.  The fan noise is also very low.  The tune-up is aided by a Load
Capacitor tuning bar that allows you to quickly adjust the amp to proper
control scale numbers for later use.  The ACOM also works at full output on 6
Meters, so a separate VHF amp is not required.  Finally, the ACOM has multiple
fault detection systems so it is almost impossible to harm it through operator
error. It simply switches into standby and gives info on the screen relating to
the problem, eg overdrive etc. I think several of these features are not
available on the AL-82.

Hope this info is useful to you during your decision process.  Good luck!

73,  Bill/K3XA.