Re: [Amps] Chimney for GS35B

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>,Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chimney for GS35B
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 17:15:11 -0700
I use white PVC pipe. Nothing has melted yet.

- Paul

At 11:35 AM 10/28/2016, Bill Turner wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 09:10:29 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Need a couple of teflon chimneys for a pair of GS35B amps.  Suggestions on
>where I can get them?
>
>Presently using PVC, but have had not good results in the long run with
>these type of chimneys especially since I do a lot of RTTY contesting.
>
>  73,
>  Mike, K4GMH

REPLY:

You can use a Coleman lantern replacement glass chimney. I have done
this on several GS35b amps and they work perfectly. There are several
sizes available so measure carefully to get the right one. It will fit
with about a 1/8 inch gap and is just the right height. I mounted mine
with a dab of silicone RTV right to the chassis, easily removed if
ever necessary.

As a bonus,the chimneys are made of very heat resistant glass.

73, Bill W6WRT